Sunday 10 April 2011

Weekly Trading Review (week 1)

NZD/USD
NZD/USD hourly
Hmm.. Let see, didn't take fractal 1 breakout because it's too early and the alligator is still sleeping.

The price is in the target zone, should have waited until it breaks the down fractal, but did a bad trade, against the rule. Sell at 0.7679 near fractal no 2, then got stopped out when it break fractal no 2, a total loss of 19 pips.

Then I stop and reverse buy at 0.7699 (fractal no 2 breakout, got stopped out when price close below the red line at 0.7679, a total loss of 20 pips.

After that price go up again, I don't know what's in my head back then, I sold it again at 0.7693 near fractal no 4, again got stopped out at 0.7708 (fractal no 4 breakout), made 15 pips loss.

I stop and reverse again buy at 0.7708, price start to move up before it came back down again. Decide to cut it at 0.7691, call it a night, already lost my concentration, too tired, a total loss of 17 pips.

Lesson learned, wait for confirmation (break down fractal). This 4 trade add together, made a total loss of 71 pips.

GBP/USD
GBP/USD Hourly
Buy at 1.6340 (break fractal no 1), got stopped out when price close below the red line at 1.6301 (-39 pips).

Forgot about the BOE rate announcement back then, after it came out, price went wild.

Could've choosen to use the down fractal as my stop loss, and still be in the market, enjoying the up move, but there's a 77 pips risk if i use that, so i choose the red line instead. My plan is to limit losses between 20-30 pips, max 50 pips under certain circumstances.

Look at fractal no 2, nice saddle point, tight pattern, but I didn't see it and missed the up move.

USD/JPY
USD/JPY Hourly
a complex correction. I've traded this at the same time with my GBP trade (BOE rate announcement), i don't know if it got affected, but the price is quite messy though, should've not taken it even if there's no BOE rate announcement.

Sell at 85.07, then got stopped out at 85.36 (fractal 2 breakout), a loss of 29 pips.



EUR/JPY
EUR/JPY Hourly
My first time trading EUR/JPY, buy at fractal no 1 breakout 122.64, close it at 122.90. Made a 26 pips profit.








EUR/USD
EUR/USD Hourly
This is my best trade this week. Didn't take fractal no 1, learned my lesson from gbp trade, There was ECB rate announcement after BOE.

First buy at fractal no 2 breakout 1.4312, then keep adding on, buy fractal no 3 breakout at 1.4403 & fractal no 4 breakout at 1.4423. Haven't sold it yet, still hold. let's see what happen on monday.


EUR/USD 4H

Look at the 4 hour chart, a strong up trend, momentum keep increasing. When you look at a chart like this, never sell.








So this week I made a total loss of 113 pips, excluding EUR/USD trade, still open position. 113 pips, my biggest loss in a week. Hmm... need to read this review a couple of times, all over again to avoid such thing happen in the future.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment