Saturday 5 February 2011

Weekly Trading Review (week 1)

EUR/USD Hourly

My first trade of the month, a saddle point on EUR/USD, alligator sleeping, AO and AC near zero. The first fractal that was hit is fractal no 2, but I didn't take it. For me personally, I prefer not to take the first fractal breakout, cause from what i see so far, most of the time, it's a false break.. ooh well not always but it's better to wait for the 2nd fractal breakout. Anyway it's a bit too early since the alligator is not sleeping long enough.

Well, it turn out to be a false break, price continue to go down and it break fractal no 3. At the time the alligator was still shut, so I didn't take it. Then it continue to go down, alligator was opening and it break the outer most fractal, which is fractal no 1 so i entered sell at 1.3765 and tighten up my trailing stop just before non farm payroll and I got stopped out at 1.3645 (5 bar trailing stop, fractal no 5). A total profit of 120 pips.

No comments:

Post a Comment